Digital pianos have become quite popular among music enthusiasts recently and help them to enjoy the inherent delights of the piano, without having to tune it. There are many unique features of the piano that helps them to enjoy high-quality music within the least time frame. With the digital piano at hand, it is possible to control the volume of the instrument, use headphones for silent practice, have the best connectivity and music features, etc. In short, we can say that digital pianos have come a long way in rendering an authentic piano playing experience. They render the same sound and feel like that of an acoustic piano and the best of them with unique features can be bought at a price of around $3000.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Pianos Under $3000
- Top 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $3000
- What to Look For in Your Piano if You Decide to Buy it For $3000
- Who Should Buy Pianos that Cost Around $3000?
- Bottom Line
List of Best Pianos Under $3000
|Top 5 Digital Pianos Under $3000||Editor Rating||Price|
|#1. Yamaha CP88 Action Stage Piano||9.5/10||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#2. Roland RD-2000 Premium Digital Stage Piano||9.7/10||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#3. Yamaha YDPS54B Slim Digital Console Piano||9.8/10||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#4. Kawai ES920 Digital Piano||9.6/10||VIEW ON SAM ASH|
|#5. Korg SV-273S Expansion Stage Vintage Piano||9.4/10||VIEW ON SAM ASH|
Check out: Best Digital Pianos Under $2000
Top 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $3000
There are many piano brands that sell digital pianos under $3000 with all sorts of unique features. If you are willing to buy a piano at this cost, you should make sure that the instrument renders an authentic feel and functions according to the needs of the consumer. Here are the top 5 best digital pianos that carry the most unique features for their cost of $3000.
The Yamaha CP88 belongs to the series of stage pianos from this flagship brand. The CP88 is the evolution in the range of stage pianos that couples the ease of use of modern-day pianos with the electrifying sounds of a grand acoustic piano. This piano features a natural wood graded hammer triple sensor keyboard with ebony and ivory keytops. The Yamaha CP88 has the excellent build quality and is in fact build tough to match the needs of the giggling musicians who are always on the move.
It sounds more like three premium grand pianos namely the Bosendorfer Imperial 290, CFX grand, and S700 concert grand. People love this piano for its realistic touch and intuitive interface. The feel of its keypresses mimics the original acoustic piano as real wood lies below the plastic shell of the keys. It features a stereo output jack to help monitor and listen to your own sounds during practice. The CP88 comes with an FC3A sustain pedal that feels sturdy and solid with nil polarity issues.
- It has a well crafted wooden keyboard with a plastic body
- Has an excellent sound library of about 57 voices.
- The 5 pin MIDI ports help in controlling all the external sound modules and the legacy gear.
- The piano doesn’t have a music stand
- The Piano doesn’t come with built-in speakers.
Check out: Best Digital Pianos for Advanced Pianist
The Roland RD-2000 is indeed a premium 88-key digital flawless acoustic piano sound engine that delivers a rich, authentic, detailed tone with complete polyphony. These knobs come with LED indicators that help in adjustments with visual feedback. The Roland RD-2000 comes with super natural-based sound engines having128 voice polyphony for additional sound and electric pianos.
The Roland RD 2000 delivers impeccable performance with cutting-edge control features and its two independent sound engines. There are eight knobs with LED status indicators together with nine sliders that help in real-time control of effects and sounds. This PHA keyboard comes with a molded construction and hybrid wood for lasting durability and premium touch.
The piano features a supernatural-based sound engine with a 128 voice polyphony for electrical pianos and for creating other additional sounds. This RD stage piano features two independent sound engines and nine sliders for the real-time control of piano sound and music.
- Excellent lightweight and portable stage piano available at a reasonable cost.
- Being a dedicated acoustic piano, it delivers an authentic and detailed tone with complete polyphony.
- This keyboard has wood and molded construction for lasting durability and premium touch.
- Its programs are easy to set up and use so that the players are able to easily recall different setups for different situations.
- There are technical limitations in using the percussion sound and the upper drawbar simultaneously.
This Piano also features in our list of top 20 digital pianos in the market.
This is an excellent digital console piano that belongs to the Arius series of Yamaha pianos. This is an 88-key weighted digital piano that comes with a stand and a three-pedal unit. Being a GHS weighted action keyboard, the keys are heavier at the lower end and are lighter at the higher end, just like an acoustic piano. The keyboard features special matte black keys that are designed to absorb moisture. The keys of this board are capable of absorbing moisture and can remain tactile even after extended use, without getting much slippery for the hands.
The piano features a CFX stereo sampling technology that is capable of reproducing the dedicated sounds of the CFX full concert grand piano. The piano features half-damper pedal controls for constantly increasing the quantum of sustain as the pedals are depressed. This piano is compatible with the smart pianist app, which renders complete control over the major functions of the piano and also analyzes the favorite songs of the players by making use of its chord tracker technology.
The Yamaha brand has crafted some of the finest pianos for the major concert halls of the world and this arius series recreates the concert grand sound of the CFX brand to fill any stage with ambient applause. Its graceful curves and stylish design make it a highly responsive keyboard for unlimited expressions.
- Its weighted keys produce highly responsive and controlled music.
- Its synthetic ebony and ivory keys render a natural and comfortable feel for the players.
- Selecting the voices and choosing the settings are pretty easy as it connects with digital apps.
- This is an excellent piano for finger practice.
- This is a very heavy piano.
- Requires a special cable to connect the headset and the cable.
The Kawai ES920 is one of the best next-generation digital pianos from the highly regarded ES series from Kawai. This piano is extremely compact, powerful, and is also amazingly lightweight. This piano is best suited for stage, studio, and school and features the most responsive hammer action keyboard, that is capable of producing the best and the most authentic keyboard sounds. The sounds that are produced in this piano are produced by harmonic imaging XL technology and it is capable of delivering the outstanding touch and tone of a concert grand piano. This is one of the most portable and compatible pianos that are available for pianists.
This is an eminent acoustic piano that delivers the tunes of many instruments and is capable of rendering high-quality music invariant musical styles. The sounds of this piano are the result of a powerful stereo speaker system. The speakers of this piano incorporate the latest audio processing and amplification technology and are developed in collaboration with the world’s most renowned audio specialists. The best features of this piano are its sharp OLED graphic display and convenient four-band EQ faders for rendering more control.
This piano connects with Bluetooth MIDI and facilitates wireless connectivity and enjoyment to many apps. Its impressive audio system makes sure that listening to this smartphone is very impressive. Though the piano has some of the best features, it is still lightweight and sturdy and delivers the most rewarding piano playing experience that is possible in a portable digital instrument.
- Features a responsive hammer action keyboard with redesigned key switches
- This is an improved acoustic piano with updated virtual parameters
- Its motherboard is developed in partnership with Onkyo for improved tone clarity.
- Features a stylish rounded case design and lightweight chassis that weighs around 37.5 lbs.
- The price of this piano is at a higher end.
This piano also features in our list of best digital pianos for classical pianists.
The SV-2 is the latest addition to the stage vintage series of pianos from the Korg brand and compiles the best of features to make this piano a grand success. This piano has the best of everything, the best sounds, the best memory, presets, polyphony, and controls. The SV-2 is more of a stage piano and with just a finger touch, it is possible to summon the grand piano sounds from all over the world. This piano has a built-in speaker system and has all the required features such as split and layer control along with more effects.
Though the SV-2 is a stage piano, it is capable of emulating the sounds of the most outstanding piano sounds from around the world. Also, this piano comprises two elegant harpsichords and a layered sound that is split across the entire length of the keyboard. This piano doesn’t fail to impress its players with the help of its high-quality Italian speaker system. Apart from all the other features that are available in this piano, there is a built-in speaker system.
- This piano features around 128 voices and a tube valve reactor.
- Its RH3 graded hammer action keyboards render improved effects on the piano tunes.
- The piano features a built-in speaker system.
- It also includes a DS2H damper pedal and a reliable power supply.
- The piano lacks a digital display
- There is no audio playback option available with this piano.
What to Look For in Your Piano if You Decide to Buy it For $3000
The world of digital pianos is quite interesting and there is always a piano for everyone that appeals to their age, expertise and music requirements. Depending on the features that the piano possesses, the cost of the instrument varies. When one chooses to buy a piano for $3000, it is important to check the piano for the following characteristics.
- Keys of the piano: The majority of the digital stage pianos come in a full-length size and comprise 88 keys. But we can also find a piano with dependable 76 or 61 keys, which are also top sellers with ambient features.
- Compact: These pianos house high-tech machinery but still their manufacturers have made them compact and slim so that these pianos are quite viable and are much easier to transport.
- Sounds: The digital pianos of modern times are capable of emitting a lot of sounds other than the typical piano sounds.
- Realistic feature: The main focus of modern-day digital pianos is to keep up with the rest of the band and render the most realistic sounds of real instruments possible within a live setting.
- Tone generation and layering technologies: The manufacturers of high-end pianos that are sold at a cost of around $3000 have made sure that the piano features the best tone generation and layering technologies, so as to produce realistic sounds that mimic the real samples of concert grand and classic electrical sounds.
- Engineering of a high-end piano: The pianos that we have discussed here are from some of the premier brands of the world and are built with the best specifications, which enable them to function at their highest capabilities. These pianos are engineered to hold the best hammer action technologies and keyboard system and work hard to replicate the nuances of a real piano.
Who Should Buy Pianos that Cost Around $3000?
The pianos that we have discussed here hold the best of features, but their price is also at a higher end. These pianos are not for beginners and for intermediate piano players as they are costly and loaded with features. Someone who is just getting to play the piano will not be able to handle it nor be willing to invest such a huge deal of money at the start. These pianos appeal to advanced pianists and those who are ready for stage shows to project their music skills. Generally, these pianos do not have built-in speakers as they are designed to connect with the stage amplifiers. These pianos are for trained and professional musicians who get paid to play the instruments in their profession. As these professionals look for a high-powered environment, they also work great with recording software and on a credible platform such as MIDI.
Also Check out: Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
In case you are an intermediate: Best Digital Pianos for Intermediate players
There are a number of unique and diverse digital pianos that are available in different price ranges and appeal to diverse skill sets. The pianos that we have listed here are some high-end digital gadgets that appeal to professional piano players. They are a bundle of features and appeal for pianists who have a thorough passion and dedication towards work.