If you have made your mind to buy the right digital piano, then it is important that you go through a number of verified sites and portals to choose the best piece of piano. Making the final decision in buying an ideal piano can be an intimidating task. But to your surprise, you can get the best digital pianos, that have the same feature as that of an acoustic piano at a cost that is less than $700. All of the leading piano brands such as Yamaha, Casio, Roland, etc, offer pianos at this amazing cost.
But before choosing to buy a piano, one has to keep a close watch on why they are buying the piano for. Are you buying to learn the instrument, for live gigs, for recording at your home, or in a studio? Or for stage performances? Also. keep the skill level in mind and choose pianos accordingly, as most of them have built-in lessons and have some advanced features for advanced professionals.
Table of Contents
List of Best Digital Pianos Under $700
|Top 5 Digital Pianos Under $700||Editor Rating||Price|
|#1. Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano||9.8/10||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#2. Kawai ES110 Digital Piano||9.5/10||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#3. Yamaha YPG535 Portable Grand Piano||9.7/10||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#4. Casio Privia PX-S1000 Digital Piano||9.6/10||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#5. Casio CDP S-150 Digital Piano||9.6/10||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Check out: Best Budget Digital Pianos Under $500
Top 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $700
Digital pianos are completely different musical instruments that sample acoustic pianos and mimic their sound. We have discussed the top five best digital pianos under $700 here to help our readers in their buying choice, and to help them get the best instrument, and to feed their music fervor.
This is an excellent digital piano that is available at less than $700, to offer an excellent piano playing experience at an affordable cost. These pianos also carry a number of great features that add value to every single penny of money spent on them. This piano is of the highest quality plastic and is available in white and black colors. It is portable, you can take it to consorts, for parties and even to the school and college competitions and stage shows.
There are special buttons for different sound sections such as the bass, E.piano, strings, organ, piano, etc., and there are special buttons for rhythms, recording, metronome features, etc. The Keys of the Yamaha P125 feature a matte finish, which makes them the best piano for high-humid situations. The keys can alter the volume and timbre of the sound, depending on how hard or soft, you play its keys.
The Yamaha P125 has 24 built-in tones. Every time you strike the keys, you listen to the high-quality pure CF sound engine of the CFIIIS concert grand. The P-125 features a newly redesigned speaker system. It has four speakers, two on either side. We can record the chords in MIDI format and transfer the same to the PC. The USB to host jack connects the piano with a computer to exchange MIDI data and songs.
- The piano has the best quality speakers and sound engine.
- This piano reproduces the realistic tone of the CFIIIS grand acoustic piano.
- Compact and affordable piano with ample accessories.
- The piano does not come with a stand but comes with a music rest feature.
- There are limited sound effects on this piano.
This is an excellent digital piano that features an excellent graded hammer action keyboard and an 88-note piano sampling feature to render a tremendous piano experience for the pianist. This piano is capable of exhibiting an exceptional piano experience and makes use of the acclaimed harmonic imaging sound technology. The piano also features an 88-key sampling, so as to create an impressive piano sound. The best feature of this piano is its feel. Its responsive hammer compact weighted key action and an 88-note graded hammer action offer exceptional feel and sensitivity to the piano players.
The Kawai ES110 features a MIDI jack that is great for connecting with other musical instruments, computers, and gadgets. Its audio line outputs connect with an external speaker system or audio recorder. There are two headphone jacks that allow a teacher, partner, or parent to listen in. Apart from the standard MIDI ports, the new ES110 also bags on its integrated Bluetooth MIDI technology, allowing the digital piano to communicate with other smart devices wirelessly.
The ES-110 offers an easy-to-use 3-song built-in recorder that is ideal for self-evaluation and for creating masterpieces. Along with the digital piano, players also get a pair of super comfortable adn lightweight Samsung stereo headphones.
- This piano features exceptional harmonic imaging sound technology.
- The piano has a responsive hammer action keyboard with 88-key piano sampling.
- It features dual and split keyboard modes and features a built-in stereo speaker system.
- The piano is shipped with an optional matching stand and pedal assembly.
- A very heavy keyboard which is not easy to carry.
The Yamaha YGP 535 is an excellent piano with several useful features and is available at an affordable cost of less than $700. This comes with an easy-to-use panel with a wealth of features that features a graded soft-touch action with different levels of resistance and a very high-resolution sound sample. The piano features 88-piano style keys with a graded soft-touch system and a 6-track sequencer to record one’s own music.
This is an excellent piano for those students who are starting their piano lessons. The music database of this piano offers 267 keyboard setups by sing title. The piano renders the best piano sounds in the industry and with a simple press, this portable grand piano resets the entire piano to a stereo-sample piano, which is perfect for practice. The piano offers several realistic sounding voices that include that of a flute, trumpet, saxes, etc. The piano offers a stunning variety of styles and voices and opens the world of opportunities for pianists.
We can simply create an orchestra with this piano by picking up the best music style. This portable grand piano comes with 30 built-in songs and comes with a CD-ROM for interactive lessons. You also get to connect the piano with the computer with the help of a USB, through which you can download more songs from the internet and use the Yamaha Education Suite to learn those songs as well.
- Offers the industry’s best piano sounds.
- Connects easily with a computer
- Renders realistic sounding voices.
- The chord dictionary helps players to play chords.
- The keys are slightly weighted, and not as good as a regular piano.
- Doesn’t come with a music book stand.
Check out: Best Intermediates Digital Pianos
The Casio Privia PX-S1000 88 key digital piano features a sustain pedal, AC adapter, cushion bench, lightweight adjusting stand, and a full-size sustain pedal. The PX-S1000 is the perfect combination of innovation and playability that makes it something special more than ordinary pianos. The PX- S1000 belongs to the Slim category of the Casio series and we should accept that this piano is seriously slim and compact.
The controls on the piano make use of capacitive technology and the pianist has to touch them with bare hands to activate them. And unlike most other digital and stage pianos, the S1000 can also run on 6 AA-size batteries. The Casio Previa makes use of the Tri-sensor hammer action keyboard, our PX-S1000 makes use of smart scaled hammer action keys. The keyboard has five levels of touch sensitivity spanning from light to heavy, along with an Off option, thus the harder you hit the key, the louder is its sound.
The piano sounds are sampled from the concert grand piano with excellent tones, sounding similar to the grand acoustic pianos along with the jazz pianos and the mellow grand pianos. This Casio has two built-in 8W speakers with excellent amplification, good enough to fill a medium-sized room with awesome music.
- Features the best connectivity features for a portable piano of its class.
- It is possible to adjust a number of parameters in this piano to craft unique music pieces.
- Features Bluetooth connectivity
- Compact piano to carry for stage shows
- The keys could be quite hard on the fingers
- There is no display screen
The Casio CDP S-150 88-key digital piano is portable, realistic, and is very comfortable for playing some high-quality music. This is a perfect piano for students and is shipped with a sustain pedal and a music rest. This piano is extremely compact and lightweight and it weighs only 23.1 lbs. The piano is capable of functioning on both its included power supply and on its AA-size batteries. The CDP S-150 is the perfect entry-level piano for anybody looking for a portable and quality keyboard experience.
It comes in black color with a decent look and its outer surface has a matte finish, adding to its elegance. The CDP-S150 has the simplest control panel and it is pretty simple to navigate that even children will feel comfortable using them. These keys tend to have shorter pivot lengths so as to decrease the width of the piano. They do carry key sensors so as to track your keypresses and thus are great for practice and concert playing.
The sounds of this piano are sampled from some concert grand pianos and undoubtedly sound clean and excellent. The CDP-S150 has a maximum polyphony of 64 notes, good enough to cover all song types be it classical or modern ballads. The piano also comes with two built-in effects, the Chorus and the Reverb. The CDP S series has some basic connectivity features, just enough for a budget piano of its range.
- The damper pedal jack helps to play in different tone variations.
- It has a 3.5 mm mini-jack that helps to connect with an amplifier and an external PA system.
- Has the best set of accessories such as music rest, power adapter, and damper pedal.
- Features an excellent built and is a good bet for the cost spent.
- The keys have less pivot length and can be hard to press.
- No duo mode or split mode available.
Must Check: Best Home Digital Pianos
What to Look for in Your Digital Piano?
If you have decided to buy a piano from the best brands, within your budget of $700, then you should look for the following features in your piano. $700 is no easy money and if your piano doesn’t carry the required features, then you end up losing in the deal. The best digital pianos from the best brands have the following features.
- Weighted Keys: Make sure that the digital piano that you invest in is able to mimic the feel and string consistency of an acoustic piano. If the keys are not weighted then there won’t be much depth in the music notes and we end up playing bland notes every time.
- Polyphony: Polyphony is the number of individual tones that the piano can create at a given time. The higher the number of polyphonies in the instrument, the more the number of complex sounds that the piano can create.
- Sensitivity to velocity: This is the measure of how best the piano responds to different finger pressures. If the finger press is harder, then the piano renders a strong sound and vice versa.
- Voices: This is the indication of the different piano sounds that are available in the instrument. The more the number of voices, the better will be the quality of the music that is been created.
Considering these additional features in a piano is mandatory for seasoned musicians as they are making a long-term investment in the musical instrument and are looking forward to growing their passion for music with the instrument.
Must Check: Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
If you have made up your mind to buy a digital piano for $700, then it is always a good idea to make a checklist of items that you would require in the piano. Look for the quality of the keyboards, the polyphony, the number of instrument sounds and voices available on the keyboard, etc. We hope our guide helps you in picking up the best piano for the money spent from leading brands.