Are you scouting for the perfect digital piano that recreates the quintessential touch and feel of an authentic piano? We understand what advanced pianists seek in their musical instruments and make sure that our review includes every significant aspect in our process of evaluating pianos. Here are the top 5 best digital pianos for advanced pianists. This review focuses on the polyphony, sound, design, and the number of keys, responsiveness, size, weight and other such important factors to provide our advanced players with a comprehensive guide so that they can enjoy immersive piano sessions.
Table of Contents
Best Advanced Digital Pianos 2021
|Best Advanced Pianos||Polyphony||Price|
|#1. Yamaha YDP184R Arius Series Digital Piano||128-notes||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#2. Yamaha Arius YDP-144 Digital Piano||192-notes||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#3. Yamaha Arius YDP-164 Digital Piano||192-notes||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#4. Yamaha Arius YDP-103 Digital Piano||64-notes||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#5. Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano||128-notes||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Check Out:- Top 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $2000
Top 5 Best Digital Pianos for Advanced Pianist
The top-rated digital pianos suggested for your advanced skill are as follows:
- Yamaha YDP184R Arius Series Digital Piano offers crisp sound with an adjustable volume setting
- The headphones are great for practice
- The bass is vivid and commendable
- Sensitive keys allow flexibility
- Offers to record and replaying facilities; thanks to the internal memory of the piano
- 50 pre-loaded songs and 2 different piano sounds
- The bench is padded but narrow reducing the comfort
- The LCD screen doesn’t look real.
The Yamaha YDP184R Arius recreates the acoustics of a grand piano. This dark rosewood toned digital piano is stylishly designed to impress with advanced features that can cater to every advanced player’s musical quest. The ivory and ebony keytops offer a natural and smooth feel to the users.
YDP184R Arius reproduces the authentic sound of an acoustic piano with its fully weighted keys. It offers a controlled touch that’s sensitive like the grand concert piano. The sustain pedals ensure sustained sound flow even when a key is not long pressed.
What’s even better is the Virtual Resonance Modeling of this digital piano that recreates the classic resonance of an acoustic piano even when you play it wearing your headphones.
Designed to deliver high-end performance that appeals to every genre of an advanced pianist; the Yamaha YDP184R works with smartphones, tablets and other smart devices. Conveniently connect the smart device to the USB port on the instrument and use the smart pianist app to or digital controller apps to make your music. You can select from a variety of instrument voices programmed on the piano.
- 128-note polyphony
- CFX premium grand piano voice programmed to recreate the tone and impact of the concert grand piano.
- With two headphones you can enjoy practicing duet play to having your friend listen to your music and do much more.
- The graded hammer 3 action for advanced level of play makes sure that your fingers don’t slip off the tactile key top surface
- VRM (Virtual Resonance Modeling) offers the rich and deep sound of the real grand concert piano.
- LCD facilitates easy navigation of all the functions and features of the piano
- Includes a furniture style padded bench, sheet music book, power adapter and a stand to place your piano in any corner of your house.
Check Out: List of Best Digital Pianos
- Yamaha YDP-144 Arius Console Offers more power to play with enhanced horsepower for grand performances.
- Superb quality built
- Weighted and graded keyboard apt for professional play
- 192- note polyphone suited to advanced player skill
- Features 50 classic piano songs
- The stereophonic optimizer offers high-quality sound required for professional performance
- Record and playback features and enabled with USB audio interface functions
- Pedal system well integrated with the look of the piano
- Heavyweight restricts portability of this digital piano
- No Bluetooth.
This digital bundle offers sheer musical joy and is perfect for advanced users. The Yamaha YDP-144 Arius Console Digital Piano is packed with high-grade features and functions. You’ll love the rosewood color that provides a classic appeal. There’s a furniture-styled bench that elevates the comfort of playing the piano. The polishing cloth, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD and headphones add to its value and feel.
Yamaha YDP-144 Arius digital piano is a full-size 88-keyboard piano offering comfort for professional play. It comes with a pair of built-in stereo speakers which makes it ideal for practice as well as performance. This model from Yamaha is slightly on the bulkier side weighing 83 lbs. This piano is designed to offer its repertoire with more than 50 songs in its library.
- YDP-144 Arius Series Digital Piano measures 53.4x 16.6 x 32 inches (W x D x H)
- 88-key graded hammer action is touch-sensitive and allows players to select from hard, medium and soft
- 192- Note Polyphony
- The Graded Hammer Standard action ensures smooth transition across keys
- Pure CF sampling delivers an acoustic sound like the concert grand piano
- The damper resonance recreates the depth of acoustic sound upon pedaling the sustain pedal
- The Smart Pianist app operates flawlessly with the YDP-144 Arius model.
- It provides the option of selecting from a variety of piano voices; use layer function and split function
- 2-track built-in song recorder enables users to capture a performance and use the playback feature to listen.
- Voices can be combined for creating a unique blend of sound
Related Reading:- List of Best Yamaha Digital Pianos 2021
- Yamaha Arius Console YDP-164 Digital Piano is a high-quality piano
- It offers a realistic experience with great touch and feel; thanks to the ivory and ebony keys
- The weighted keys provide fantastic reverberation
- CFX technology delivers rich sound
- Designed to impress
- Play along feature enables jamming while playing your favorite music
- Comes with a stand
- Limited sound presets
- Can be connected to a power supply only.
A top-class digital piano, Yamaha Arius Console YDP-164 is a combination of classiness and advanced functions. Offering value for money, this model from Yamaha is packaged with a furniture bench, an instructional book, headphones, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD and a polishing cloth. The rosewood color just adds an essence of chic to this musical instrument to fit into your home décor. Slightly on the heavier side, it weighs 93lbs with the stand.
Yamaha Arius YDP-164 provides an immersive experience. It features Yamaha flagship CFX concert grand sound along with the graded hammer keyboard. The stereophonic optimizer provides the amplified effects akin to an acoustic piano. Users can wear their headphones and use the voice sampling function to enjoy rich sounds emanating from the body of the piano.
The ivory and ebony keytops offer a smooth and comfortable feel on the keyboard.
Regardless of how long you play, you won’t feel your fingers slipping off as the synthetic keys absorb the moisture from your fingers. The Graded Hammer Action keyboard along with the three-sensor configuration systems provides a dynamic response and feel. This allows greater control into the player’s hands. The Intelligent Acoustic Control system adjusts the balance of bass and treble so that players can cherish the perks of full sound even at a lower volume.
- 192-notes polyphony
- 10 different sounds included
- Half-damper pedal (3 pedal units) control facilitates allows users to increase sustain amounts when kept in the depressed position. This fosters a continuous and smooth flow of sound.
- CFX stereo sampling recreates the dynamic feel and rich sound of the concert grand piano. It features the reverb, chorus and equalizer effects.
- The Smart Pianist app offers additional control over most of the piano’s functions. It can also read the list of your favorite songs from the piano library with the use of the chord tracker technology.
- Damper Resonance recreates the grand piano acoustics
- The USB to host port enables users to interact with a host of musical apps on smartphones and tablets.
- Great features at an affordable price, offers value for money.
- The dual-mode offers a unique style of play with two voices accessible simultaneously.
- It comes with 10 preset songs
- YDP-103 Arius is equipped with the duet play feature
- This digital piano is enabled with Metronome, transpose and tuning functions
- Comes with a bench
- Slightly smaller in size as compared to the other Arius models from Yamaha
- Not a portable keyboard as it is quite a bulky model.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly digital piano that can fulfill your advanced skills, it’s worth considering the Yamaha Arius YDP-103 piano. With its 88-key graded hammer action feature, sustain pedal and a bunch of accessories, the Arius model from Yamaha is sure to provide you with a classic musical experience.
Yamaha Arius YDP-103 has been packaged as a complete entertaining digital keyboard with all the necessary accessories from Austin Bazaar. Everything you need to enjoy your music sessions is packed in this box. It also features a padded furniture-styled bench to provide you with the comfort of play. The Graded Hammer Standard keyboard echoes the sound of an acoustic piano.
The matt finish of the piano offers a rich feel and is perfect to sustain the advanced player’s finger technique. This piano from the house of Yamaha is on the bulkier side and weighs around 82lbs. It isn’t as advanced as other variants in the Arius series, but YDP-103 is a popular choice among advanced players.
- Yamaha YDP-103 Arius is an iOS-compatible instrument. The standard USB chord can connect with your PC or mobile device to this digital piano.
- The Digital Controller app on your piano allows players to adjust the settings of the keyboard, select to change the voices and also record in the playing mode.
- The black and white ebony and ivory keys easily wick away moisture on the fingers to enable smooth and continuous play.
- AWM stereo sampling recreates the sound of sampled instruments. There are 10 distinct instrument voices to choose from.
- GHS supports the advanced pianist’s finger technique
- Half-damper pedal control provides the feel of pedaling on a grand piano allowing for a sustained sound. This prevents disconnect in the sound flow when moving from one chord to another.
- Two voices such as piano and strings can be combined for an engaging piano experience.
Also Check out:- Top 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000
- Sleek design, lightweight and portable
- The synthetic textured keyboard is great for a long duration of play
- Duet mode enables student and teacher to play the piano simultaneously
- It features a recorder with a playback capacity
- Offers 3-types of touch sensitivity
- 60 pre-set piano songs
- The stand ensures comfort to the users
- Optional sustain pedal ascertains a sustained flow of sound when moving from one key to another.
- Offers value for money
- The look and feel of the sustain pedal isn’t the best in the market
- No LCD screen.
Casio’s Privia PX-160 model in black and white is reminiscent of the acoustic piano. The stand, deluxe sustain pedal, and bench add on to its value. This digital piano makes a good choice for advanced pianists due to its excellent features and functions that offer the real piano experience.
The lightweight of this piano (24.5lbs) makes it a portable model. Users can conveniently carry it and expect it to deliver a promising performance. Designing with 128-notes polyphony, the piano suits the advanced players. From metronome, transpose, fine-tuning and octave shift, lesson function to split mode and more, this 128-notes polyphony digital piano from Casio an excellent choice. The easy-to-navigate, intuitive control panel makes this sleek piano a user-friendly one.
- 88-key weighted hammer action II keyboard provides a dynamic and expressive feel to the piano. The ivory and ebony textured keys facilitate better control over the keyboard.
- A variety of instrument sounds make playing this piano increasingly engaging
- It features 2 speaker systems along with ¼ inches outputs that add to the richness of the sound generated from this new age piano. 8X8 W speakers are well suited for practice and performance at home. It can be connected to external loudspeakers for a stage gig.
- There are two headphone jacks that make practice easier for two players at a time.
- AiR sound generation system on the PX-160 Privia lends realistic sound to the other instrument voices programmed on the piano.
- Duet mode on the Casio Privia PX-160 enables the keyboard to be split into two equal ranges.
- CS67 stand puts PX-160 at a proper height
- The sustain pedal (SP-33) is optional. In its depressed position, it provides the same functionality as the grand piano.
All the above reviews have been tabled as our expert’s choice for advanced pianists. Every option has its advantages and disadvantages. Depending on your personal preference, you can pick from the top 5 best advanced digital pianos as recommended.