With a multitude of right digital pianos in the market, finding an instrument that caters to your kind of musical orchestration could become a challenging task. Whether you are a beginner, an intermediate user or a professional pianist, this review can come in handy to find a top-rated digital piano to suit your style of play. What’s more, is the affordability of the listed pianos which are all priced under $1000. Here’s a comprehensive review that can help you understand the key features, pros, and cons of these top digital pianos so that you can instantly begin to create the best sound of music.
Table of Contents
List of 5 Best Digital Pianos Under 1000 Dollars
|Best Pianos Under $1000||Weight||Price|
|#1. Yamaha DGX660B Digital Piano||82.9 pounds||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#2. Yamaha YDP103 Arius Series Digital Piano||115.7 pounds||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#3. Casio Privia Digital Piano PX-770 BK||69.5 pounds||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#4. Yamaha P71 Weighted Digital Piano||25 pounds||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|#5. Roland Portable Digital Piano FP-30 BK||31.1 pounds||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Also Check out:- Top 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $500
Top 5 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000 (Reviews)
- Can be played by a pianist of any level, best for beginners
- Great for creative musicians
- 100 preset songs make learning easier
- The lyrics display on LCD adds on to the feasibility of singing and playing at a time
- Has a microphone input and recording plus playback features
- Offers value for money
- Comes with 200 accompaniment style
- Commendable sound quality
- Comes with a sturdy stand
- The stand can’t be folded which makes it less portable
- Dimensions are relatively bulkier as compared to prototypes available in the market
For aspiring pianists scouting for a weighted piano, this 88-key piano model from Yamaha is just the right pick. Akin to an acoustic piano, this one features a heavy stand where it is weighted at the bottom and lighter on the top.
- The DGX660B Yamaha Piano comes with a ¼ inches microphone input that enables you to sign along
- Features MIDI that enables you to connect the device to and from iOS device
- The wireless audio facilitates streaming of audio over WIFI
- It comes with an adjustable pedal that allows you to rest your foot and simultaneously control various other functions facilitated on the instrument.
- The USB audio recording facility allows recording and playback on a USB drive
DGX660B Yamaha Piano is packed with a plethora of interactive features. You can create your musical environment; thanks to the versatility of the piano. Connecting the instrument to a microphone offers the thrill of singing along as you create your music on the piano. You can record your performance on an easily connectable USB device as well.
Be it beginners or advanced placed, the DGX660B will simply enhance your experience in every way. It also allows pianists to record a song by either playing along or with pre-recorded karaoke songs. You can check out the list of songs on Yamaha MusicSoft. The built-in speakers on the piano create a fantastic environment. You can also view the lyrics of a song on the digital score display board to sing along.
Yamaha DGX660B provides 3 presets suited to different vocal performance situations. It allows you to create and save your exclusive microphone settings. You can also add on to the chorus and other specialized effects to add a professional touch to your musical creations.
The 88-key GHS keyboard offers the acoustic effect and is great for beginners trying to set their fingers on the piano. It enables learning the proper technique with ease. Be it the notations or lyrics of a song that your play on this Yamaha keyboard, you will love the lyric display feature available on the LCD screen. Any MIDI song played on your DGX660 can be displayed on the clear screen. Be it your creation, a built-in song or one downloaded to a USB device from your Yamaha MusicSoft, view them conveniently as you enjoy every moment tuning into a melodic environment.
Professional play is just a finger touch away as with one finger on the smart chord you can create a rippling impact of the entire chord. Whether it’s the pop triads or the complex jazz, virtual bands are automatically created with the accompaniment style enabled on the Yamaha DGX660B digital piano.
- Offers high-quality performance and feel
- Classic design
- Marvelous build-quality
- Controllable with an app
- Offers an acoustic sound and grand feel
- Easy to assemble and install
- Perfect for aspiring pianists
- Pocket-friendly piano
- The Yamaha YDP103 Arius Series Digital Piano does not feature a split function
- There is no MIDI recorder or playback facility in this model
- The lesson mode is absent
- Yamaha YDP103 Arius weighs 37.5 kg, making it a sustainably heavy model.
- The dimensions of this model are 135.2 x 81.5 x 42.2 cm which is a standard one allowing pianists to enjoy the comfort of play.
- It is designed with a sturdy frame that has a smooth finish. This protects the piano from external damage. The stool and the overall appearance make the Arius piano stand out as an elegant one.
- The AWM stereo sampling recreates the regular instrument sound in stereophonic effect.
- Features two buttons and a knob for adjusting the volume. The functions can be configured by pressing the function button and the respective piano key simultaneously.
- There’s a digital controller app that can be accessed iOS compatible devices only.
Flashing a classic look, the dark rosewood Yamaha YDP103 Arius Series Digital Console Piano comes with a bench. It features 3 pedals and provides an unrivaled quality of sound. The acoustic score created by its cutting edge sampling technology makes this piano the choicest one. Yamaha is known for its dynamic features and grand sound quality and this digital piano is no different. The pure CF sound engine feature makes sure you enjoy expressive playing.
Arius YDP103 is designed with a graded hammer 88-notes keyboard. It is the graded hammer action that lends a heavier touch in the lower end of the piano and a heavier feel in its higher end. This creates acoustic piano effects.
Whether you are an aspiring pianist or a professional player, Arius from Yamaha offers comfort and weighted action. It’s an ideal model for beginners as the synthetic ivory keys lend a solid surface to the keys. This helps in absorbing the moisture from your fingers thereby preventing them from slipping. So you can practice more for a longer duration.
Reverberations play a key role in the overall sound quality that the piano creates and Yamaha YDP103 provides mellow after-effects. The pedal can be used to create a deep resonance akin to that of an acoustic piano. Pedaling on the half-damper pedal relays the same feel and sound similar to that of a grand piano.
This console piano from Yamaha occupies a little more space than any other digital piano but can uplift the aesthetics of your interiors; thanks to the design and color.
- Flaunts a slim space saver design
- Ideal for beginners but can be used by any level of pianist
- Features a USB connector and headphone
- Provides the advantage of concert play
- Lacks the audio-recorder
- The sound customization options are limited
- It lacks the terminals for connecting flash drives
If you are looking for a digital piano for home, the Casino Privia PX-770 BK model in black oozes pure magic. Designed with the AiR engine, this model is meant to offer accuracy in sound and performance. Casino Privia lives to its brand image with quality embodied in slim and modern piano design. You can rejoice the sound effects of an authentic piano on the Casio Privia PX-770. It offers a natural feel and is cast with impressive features. A brilliant instrument for beginner level pianists, this one is worth a buy.
- PX-770 features a tri-sensor 2 scaled hammer action keyboard that gives the piano a remarkable feel. You can enjoy the speed and accuracy of the incredible dynamics offered by the piano.
- AiR sound source improves sound quality
- It is designed with a stereo that amplifies the sound with excellent clarity.
- The duet mode on the Casio Privia splits it into two equal pitch ranges making it a perfect instrument for the beginners who can sit together with their teachers for their piano lessons
- The concert play feature enables playing along with recordings. There are 10 pre-set orchestral pieces programmed in the piano.
- There are two acoustic stimulators in the PX-770 BV Casio Privia: Damper resonance and Hammer resonance.
- Casio Priva can be connected to a Windows or Mac device via the USB port
- It can be connected to an Android or iOS device to use the Chordana Pay App for free. This app enables you to view the notations and lyrics of your choicest songs on the piano’s display screen.
- Features Metronome, Transpose, Fine-tuning and Octave shift
- Yamaha P71 is lightweight and portable
- The 88-keys characterize this piano as a full-size one
- 10 varying voices offer a variety to choose from
- Doesn’t come with a stand
- No LED screen
An ideal electronic piano for your home, the Yamaha P71 weighted digital piano can be used for learning and creating melodious music. This piano features a life-size keyboard with weighted keys. This model from Yamaha is slim and stylish. With a 12” depth, it can be placed in any corner of your house. This classic piano encased in a contemporary design weighs only 25 lbs and features an in-built sound system.
- The Graded Hammer Standard weighted action of Yamaha P71 offers a heavier touch in the lower end and a lighter touch in the high end. This is typical to the acoustic piano and gives this digital piano an authentic touch.
- One button for all functions makes the piano a user-friendly instrument. The grand piano function button can be used to access the keys that can change voices, configure to a metronome, play demo sources and complete more actions as desired.
- It is enabled with AWM or Advanced Wave Memory sampling. This uses digital technology to record sound-generating the impact of an acoustic piano. With its ability to play one sample per note at different levels of volume and resonance, this piano from Yamaha creates a deeper and richer sound.
- Features 2 microphones
- Yamaha P71 digital piano is slim with a space-saver design
- The piano contains 10 different voices that offer a variety. The dual-mode allows combining two voices. For instance, you can combine strings and piano at a time.
- The compact size of the piano adds on to its portability
- 22 W powerful on-board speakers
- Supports Bluetooth MIDI connectivity
- Can play MIDI and WAV files from a flash drive
- Ivory key-feel is great for a long duration of practice making this piano a considerable choice for beginners
- Limited sound customization options
- Doesn’t feature a lesson function
- The engine of the piano is designed as a powerful onboard sound system. It has an advanced keyboard, sensitive to touch.
- The Ivory-feel keys provide a high-end feel to the piano.
- Plugin your headphones for a fantastic sound effect without disturbing anyone around
- A portable instrument, this piano looks elegant. It can be placed conveniently within tight living spaces
- The KSC 70 stand and the KPD 70 three-pedal unit provide a cohesive appearance to the piano. The smaller footprint renders the Roland portable a sleek look.
- The three-pedal unit can be used for hands-free turning of your onscreen music reference pages. You can use the ‘Sheet Music Direct’ or the ‘piaScore’ apps to connect your instrument with your mobile.
- You can record and play along with your favorite songs as you connect the USB memory.
- Another exclusive feature of this Yamaha portable piano model is the twin piano mode. It allows students and teachers to play and learn together.
This digital piano from Roland features the standard 88 keys. It is enabled with a responsive tone that provides the same authentic touch of a piano. The FP-30 BK has a powerful amplifier and stereo speakers that create a genuine piano sound. It comes with headphones that allow users to enjoy playing it without disturbing others. With its 3 pedal stand, this piano from Roland offers enhanced functionality. Users can turn pages without using their hands; thanks to the music apps. This piano is lightweight, thus making it easily transportable. You can play it indoors or place it outdoor for a performance.
FP-30 BK is enabled with a built-in Bluetooth facility so that you can connect it with popular apps on your mobile devices. This digital piano allows users to widen their musical experience by combing dual sounds. For instance, in the split mode, you can combine sounds of strings with drums, organ or even voices.
Regardless of your level, an electronic piano with advanced features can enhance your performance and help improve your skills. Whether you want to practice for a live gig or a studio performance, you can pick any model from the above-reviewed list of best digital pianos under $1000 to begin your musical journey on a high note.