After practicing and playing pianos for a few years, you have finally come to the point of buying a piano for $5000. Experts and advanced piano players should definitely buy a piano that has all the intricate features to complement their playing styles, even if the cost of these pianos is slightly at the higher end.
We have attempted to make your search simpler by listing the top 7 best digital pianos under $5000 from the leading brands. We have also elaborated on the unique features of these pianos to aid you in your buying choice. We understand that buying a new piano can be a lengthy process with lots of undisclosed questions. And we hope our guide helps you in picking up the right piano for your practice and performance.
Quick Summary: Best Digital Pianos Under $5000
- Best Overall: Yamaha Clavinova CVP-701 Digital Piano
- Runner Up: Nord Grand Digital Piano
- Editor’s Choice: Nord Piano 4 Stage Piano
- Best Sound Quality: Roland RD-2000 Premium Digital Stage Piano
- Great Choice Under $5000: Yamaha CP88 Digital Stage Piano
- Best for Beginners: Yamaha Arius YDP-184R Digital Piano
- Alternative Under $5000: Kawai CA49 Grand Compact Digital Piano
Also Check: Best Digital Pianos Under $3000
Table of Contents
- Quick Summary: Best Digital Pianos Under $5000
- Top 7 Best Digital Pianos Under $5000
- #1. Yamaha Clavinova CVP-701 Digital Piano – Best Overall
- #2. Nord Grand Digital Piano – Runner Up
- #3. Nord Piano 4 Stage Piano – Editor’s Choice
- #4. Roland RD-2000 Premium Digital Stage Piano – Best Sound Quality
- #5. Yamaha CP88 Digital Stage Piano – Great Choice Under $5000
- #6. Yamaha Arius YDP-184R Digital Piano – Best for Beginners
- #7. Kawai CA49 Grand Compact Digital Piano – Good Alternative Under $5000
- What to Look For Your in Your Digital Piano When You Spend $5000 on it?
- Final Words
Top 7 Best Digital Pianos Under $5000
#1. Yamaha Clavinova CVP-701 Digital Piano – Best Overall
|Performance and sounds||9.6|
|Value for money||9.4|
The Yamaha Clavinova is one of the best pianos with the touch of a grand piano and it features a graded hammer action keyboard with synthetic ivory keytops. The piano features an intuitive design to provoke the inner musician within everybody. The Yamaha’s real grand expression technology is ideal for entertainment, performance, and education, which qualifies this piano to be an eminent digital piano to be enjoyed by both amateur and advanced pianists. There is a color screen in this piano that makes its operation intuitive and easy. There is also a guide lamp that shows which keys are to be played by a novice pianist.
Its highly enhanced piano room includes the Yamaha CFX and the Imperial grand pianos, along with vintage electric pianos. The best feature of this piano is its session mode, where we can invite three virtual musicians into the room for practice and performance in more than 40 music styles. It is also possible to selectively activate and deactivate each of these features, depending on the musical needs of the people at the time. With this special room, it is possible to even record the sessions with the touch of a single button.
Players can connect a microphone to enjoy singing along with the keyboard performance or by making use of karaoke song files online. All of its input jacks are located at the front of the instrument under the key rows. It is also possible to connect the device with an MP3 player or a smartphone to enjoy listening to the high-quality music of Clavinova.
What’s Best in Yamaha Clavinova CVP-701?
- The GH3X reproduces the touch of an acoustic piano.
- The piano features a three-sensor configuration that senses and interprets the behavior of the piano.
- The piano features synthetic ivory keytops that prevent hands from slipping while performing.
- Has an automatic page-turner with guide lamps to light the way.
What’s Lacking in Yamaha Clavinova CVP-701?
- There is no digital display on this piano.
Check Out: Best Yamaha Digital Pianos
#2. Nord Grand Digital Piano – Runner Up
|Performance and sounds||9.5|
|Value for money||9.5|
The Nord Grand is an efficient and exceptional digital piano that features a weighted keybed with advanced triple sensors. This is an efficient piano that is meant to capture the movements of the hammers in the keybed with tremendous precision. The best feature of the Nord grand piano is that it renders a natural feel of an acoustic piano when the keys are played. This elegant piano has been the reason behind many award-winning performances and its lightweight case helps with an extra-ordinary playing experience of musicians of all skill levels.
The piano features a responsive hammer action keybed with an Ivory touch. Its responsive triple sensor keybed features an advanced mechanism and tremendous control for playing the instrument precisely. The ivory touch surface of the piano keys renders the keybed a special playing feel and authenticity. The unique and advanced string resonance reproduces the resonance of the piano strings at excellent frequencies when they are played on Nord’s grand piano.
This Norn grand piano has an elaborate library with an extensive selection of licensed sounds. All of its sounds can be quickly replaced with the help of the Nord sound manager and its sample synth is equipped with essential controls for attack, dynamics, and easy navigation, and quick selection of sample sounds.
What’s Best in Nord Grand?
- This grand piano adds the rich resonance of a real piano when played with the pedal down.
- It is possible to create one’s samples using the Nord sample editor software.
- The piano features an OLED display for an excellent overview.
- It also includes a Nord triple pedal and a power cord.
What’s Lacking in Nord Grand?
- There is no audio playback feature available on this piano
- There are no built-in speakers.
#3. Nord Piano 4 Stage Piano – Editor’s Choice
|Performance and sounds||9.7|
|Value for money||9.6|
This is an excellent piano with a 512 MB sample library memory. This piano features an 88-note triple sensor key bed with a grand weighted action, to render authentic piano touch and feel. The virtual hammer action technology enables the users to produce a new note without having to lift the key for smoother repetitions. The piano helps in seamless transitions while changing programs and sounds while playing the piano.
The piano features an excellent OLED display and its enhanced organize mode includes, copy/paste and move functionalities to arrange the diverse programs in the device quickly. The page view feature in this app helps players to sort pages to revise their favorite song list. There is also a numeric pad in this piano to help with direct program access.
This is an award-winning piano that offers an expanded voice polyphony, premium triple sensor keybed, and a virtual hammer action technology for an ultimate piano experience.
The Nord Piano 4 also features many brilliant features such as seamless transitions, dedicated piano filters, etc., for an exceptional piano feel. The piano also has dedicated knobs and buttons to accomplish all essential functions and live performance functions.
There is an optional numeric pad mode that renders instant access to programs, by entering the program number. Its enhanced piano selection features open gates for ambient acoustic, digital and electric pianos along with its expanded sound library and extended voice polyphony.
What’s Best in Nord Piano 4?
- The piano renders high-quality stereo effects
- All the piano effects can be assigned freely to the piano and sample synth section.
- The piano comes with a Nord triple pedal
- This piano comes with a triple pedal.
What’s Lacking in Nord Piano 4?
- Very heavy piano as it weighs around 56 pounds.
#4. Roland RD-2000 Premium Digital Stage Piano – Best Sound Quality
|Performance and sounds||9.6|
|Value for money||9.4|
This is an excellent digital stage piano from the legendary Roland brand that comes at an affordable cost of less than $5000. The purchase includes a digital stage piano, owner’s manual, damper pedal, power cord, and a piano stand. The piano can be slightly heavy as it weighs around 47 lbs and thus might require assistance for assembling and carrying around. The piano features a graphic LCD that measures around 256 x 80 dots and this weighted keyboard features 88-note hammer action keys to adjust the keys to different line voltages.
The piano features an excellent sound engine with 128 note voice polyphony for electric pianos and additional sounds that are compatible with RD-800 live sets. This is a next-generation RD stage piano that features two independent sound engines, modern controller features, and eight knobs with LED status indicators. The piano also has nine sliders for the real-time control of sounds and piano effects.
This is a dedicated acoustic piano with the revolutionary Roland sound engine, to render authentic tunes with full polyphony. This is a classic electric piano on board that includes the legendary RD-1000 and MKS-20 sound engine. This keyboard features a molded construction for premium touch and lasting durability. There are eight assignable zones for combining the internal sounds and external sources
What’s Best in Roland RD-2000?
- The piano is equipped with independent sound engines, premium action, and advanced controller features.
- The RD-2000 has a dedicated acoustic piano sound engine with a detailed tone for polyphony.
- This is a gorgeous acoustic piano that is powered by V-piano technology
- The Roland RD-2000 digital piano has been designed for the stage.
What’s Lacking in Roland RD-2000?
- There is no Bluetooth feature to connect with wireless headphones.
- It features only a single pedal for sostenuto.
#5. Yamaha CP88 Digital Stage Piano – Great Choice Under $5000
|Performance and sounds||9.5|
|Value for money||9.4|
The Yamaha CP88 is an absolute evolution of stage pianos that possess the qualities of premium concert grand pianos. The highlight of the keyboard is the 88 natural wooden keys along with ivory keytops, synthetic ebony, and graded hammer action. The highlight feature of this piano is its powerful bass and sparkling hights that render the strength to conduct a complete orchestra. With the flawless natural wood exteriors and the triple sensor feature, offers this piano the look of a grand piano.
The unique feature of CP88 is an amazing grand piano that delivers crisp, sparkling, and robust bass along with dynamic range sounds. The reverb, master delay, and EQ effects with real-time controls are amazing to use. Yamaha CP88 offers complete dynamic expression and develops an integrated effect and extensive section for developing your unique, own sound.
The CP88 features rich synth sounds for any music session. The CP88 grand piano features integrated and extensive piano effects to create one’s own unique sounds. There are also master effects in this piano with dedicated controls for easy and real-time tweaking.
Its virtual circuitry modelling technology recreates the behavior and sounds of high-end signal processors and its natural wooded keys will offer the weight and the response that the piano players experience. The keyboard will recreate the rich feel of the piano hammers, and the keys are surely heavy at the low end and light at the higher end. Its synthetic ivory and ebony keys are slightly porous, to add more grip to the keys. There is also a third sensor in this piano that allows key repetition in the grand piano and articulates it efficiently without a complete release.
What’s Best in Yamaha CP88?
- This piano has over 128 voice polyphony and an AVM2 tone generator
- The piano comes with an FC3A sustain pedal and a NW-GH triple sensor.
- It comes with a free pair of Samson SR950 professional studio reference headphones.
What’s Lacking in Yamaha CP88?
- There are no built-in speakers with this piano.
Also Check: Best Digital Pianos Under $2000
#6. Yamaha Arius YDP-184R Digital Piano – Best for Beginners
|Performance and sounds||9.4|
|Value for money||9.3|
The Yamaha YDP 184 is a flagship model of the Arius series sounds extraordinary with its CFX grand tunes and renders the freedom for the pianist to create distinct tunes. The Yamaha YDP 184 is a flagship piano that recreates the tone and power of its CFX concert grand piano. It features an eminent LCD display to help with smooth navigation of the functions and features of the instrument. This piano has a number of functions including intelligent acoustic control, acoustic optimizer, and stereophonic optimizer.
The piano has a monochrome LCD screen above the controls on the left panel and makes modification of settings and navigation across the keyboard much better. A three-pedal set up is built into the piano and even the soft and the damper pedals have detailed sensors built into them. The Virtual Resonance Modeling feature of this piano resonates with the string sound of each of the 88 keys of this piano, along with their timing and depth of the damper pedals to create rich music with vivid expressions.
The Piano room is an extremely user-friendly software that helps the pianist to alter a number of parameters to shape the sound as they desire. Its reverb unit includes a lot of new algorithms that include the concert hall, recital hall, club, plate, chamber, and cathedral. The YDP 184 features the Graded GH3 key bed with the plastic keys covered with ivory and ebony keytops. The YDP 184 comes with a metronome, which is the basis for practicing the piano with time and rhythm sense.
What’s Best in Yamaha Arius YDP-184R?
- This is a well-designed piano with solid construction
- Features excellent GH3 action keys
- There is a diverse range of sample sounds and inbuilt tunes
What’s Lacking in Yamaha Arius YDP-184R?
- This piano has very limited connectivity features.
Also Check: Best Digital Pianos & Keyboards for Beginners
#7. Kawai CA49 Grand Compact Digital Piano – Good Alternative Under $5000
|Performance and sounds||9.3|
|Value for money||9.3|
This is an expert piano with a bench, from the legendary Kawai brand and looks grand and elegant, as it is made from premium rosewood material. It s a grand feel compact digital piano that comes with a matching bench and an AC power adapter. The piano also comes with a five-year limited warranty. The motherboard of this piano has been developed in partnership with Onkyo for enhanced tonal clarity. Its updated control panel is featured with a modern OLED graphic display and its tone control settings feature eight tone presets.
The Kawai CA49 88 is the successor for the popular CA48 digital piano and it features an authentic sound and many premium features. This digital piano incorporates diverse technologies that have been developed in collaboration with rich audio equipment manufacturers. Its intense amplification system has been designed to deliver high-quality and rich sound.
This piano model preserves the features of the Kawai EX concert grand pianos and the Kawai SK-EK grand piano to deliver a more natural and realistic playing experience. Its new volume balance function helps to improve consistency while playing at low volume levels.
This CA49 digital piano features an updated cabinet design and adopts a taller body and a rounded edge for an impressive and premium music playing experience. The piano also features a cheek block control panel and a modern OLED graphic display for easy and elegant operation. The Kawai CA (concert artist) series is one of the most award-winning lines of digital pianos that are available at modern times and are capable of rendering a premium piano playing experience.
What’s Best in Kawai CA49?
- Features compact keyboard action that incorporates 90 years of acoustic piano craftsmanship.
- Features 88 black and white keys, that are made entirely from long wood pieces with finely textured ivory.
- The piano renders the most beautiful sound, gorgeous look, and is absolutely fun to play with.
What’s Lacking in Kawai CA49?
- The piano has fewer instrument sounds.
Check out: Best Digital Pianos for Advanced Pianist
What to Look For Your in Your Digital Piano When You Spend $5000 on it?
The world of digital pianos can be confusing and overwhelming not just for novice players, but also for experts. The following are the important aspects that one should consider before investing $5000 on their digital piano.
- Buy a piano that is capable of replicating the sound and feel of an acoustic piano realistically.
- Make sure the strings, keys, and hammers of the digital piano are able to reproduce the sounds of the corresponding instrument.
- Make sure the piano has an expert sound sampling technology as has samples at different velocity levels, to respond to the key presses naturally.
- Make sure the keys are weighted and follow a hammer action to recreate the sounds of an acoustic piano.
- Choose a portable piano so that you can flaunt your piano playing styles on diverse stages.
In case you need piano for home: Best Home Digital Pianos
We have listed the best digital pianos under $5000 here that are on par with the famous acoustic pianos of the world. These pianos are great in look, touch, and sound and are definitely worth the investment, and are capable of escalating your piano skills to great levels.